Friday, October 25, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
[haw-info] HAW Notes 10/17/13: Zinn "Read-In"; links to recent articles of interest
2. Links to Recent Articles of Interest
The above is a lengthy peer-reviewed article, released this week. The following journalistic articles convey its major findings:
"Half-Million Iraqis Died in the War, New Study Says" (By Dan Vergano, National Geographic Daily News, posted October 17); "Study Estimates Nearly 500,000 Died in War" By Monte Morin, Los Angeles Times, posted October 15); "A Better Stab at Estimating How Many Died in the Iraq War" (By Michael Todd, Pacific Standard, posted October 15)
Tuesday, October 08, 2013
[haw-info] HAW Notes 10/8/13: Syria teach-in tonight; links to recent articles of interest
- Live streaming (6:30 - 7:30 Eastern time): http://www.busboysandpoets.com/videos/live-streaming.
- On-line afterwards: http://www.busboysandpoets.com/videos.
- Further details: http://peaceblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/4061/
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
[haw-info] Tuesday October 8th 6:30PM EST National Teach-in On Syria-LiveStream
- Will there be a negotiated resolution to the armed conflict inside Syria, or will the fighting escalate into an even broader regional war?
- How did the peace movement in the U.S. and world-wide stop Washington from proceeding with military action in Syria, and how can we build on our success to change U.S. policy in the region?
- What's happening now, on the ground in Syria and on the diplomatic front? What is the U.S. interest in Syria and how does this connect to U.S. policy in the Middle East more generally?
- Phyllis Bennis - Director, New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies
- Stephen Miles - Coordinator, Win Without War
- Nick Berning - Communications Director, MoveOn.org
- Rep. Barbara Lee (invited) - 13th Cong. District, CA
- moderated by Judith LeBlanc - Field Director, Peace Action
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SyriaDiscussion" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/syriadiscussion.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
-- Jacqueline Cabasso Executive Director Western States Legal Foundation Working for Peace & Justice in a Nuclear Free World www.wslfweb.org www.disarmamentactivist.org www.facebook.com/WesternStatesLegalFoundation Twitter@JackieCabasso 510-839-5877